This homemade Christmas pudding recipe is a fun and easy way to make sure your dog is getting a healthy low fat and delicious after dinner treat. This Christmas Pudding is so easy to make, so versatile, and best of all totally nutritious and tasty!! Eggs are a nutritional powerhouse for your dog packed with protein, vitamins and minerals and contain 100% digestible protein making eggs a great source of protein for your dog.
Pumpkin is excellent for dogs with anal gland issues because it is rich in fibre which helps aid digestion. A simple, delicious and nutritious homemade dog food recipe for your dog to enjoy this Christmas!
(Please do not feed regular shop bought Christmas pudding to your dog as it is toxic and may cause serious illness and potentially death)
- 2 x eggs
- 1 x cup cooked and mashed pumpkin/sweet potato
- 1 x teaspoon of coconut oil.
- 1/2 cup grain free flour
- 1 x teaspoon honey
- 1 x packet soopa healthy bites
- 1/2 cup natural yogurt
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and then blend mashed pumpkin/sweet potato into the mix.
- Add grain free flour, coconut oil and honey, mix well.
- Place mixture in pudding bowl lined with baking paper.
- Fill saucepan halfway with boiling water
- Carefully place pudding bowl in saucepan cover and cook for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from pan and allow cool.
- Fill zip bag with natural yogurt.
- Cut corner of bag and pipe top of pudding.
- Decorate with bites YUM!