Terms and Conditions
Petangels Limited – Terms of Supply
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Goods to you (“Contract”), whether you submit an order via our site or by telephone. Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Goods from our site or by telephone. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Goods, whether from our site or by telephone. You should print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 4. Every time you wish to order Goods, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US AND CONTACTING US
1.1. We operate the website www.soopapets.com. We are Petangels Ltd Limited, a limited company registered in Ireland with company number 471947 and with its registered office at Iceford, Quay Road, Ballina, Co Mayo, Ireland. Our VAT number is 9703932A.
1.2. Contacting us: to cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 7, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to e-mail us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are emailing please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us. If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning Barbara at 00353861273300 or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
1.3. If we have to contact you: if we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by post to the address you provide to us in your order.
1.4. When we refer, in these Terms, to “in writing”, this will include e-mail.
2. OUR SITE
2.2. Our Goods are made available on our site for purchase by consumers only (a “consumer” being an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside their trade, business, craft or profession). By submitting an order in accordance with these Terms you warrant and represent that you are a consumer and that you are at least 18 years old. If you are a business customer, please contact us on 00353861273300 and we will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
2.3. The images of the Goods on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Your Goods and any packaging may vary from that shown in images on our site.
3. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
3.1. Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order. Please take the time to read and check your order at each stage of the order process. If you wish to submit an order by telephone, please speak to a member of our customer services team on 00353861273300, who will take your order and will confirm you are happy with it before your order is finalised.
3.2. After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 3.3.
3.3. We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Goods have been dispatched (“Dispatch Confirmation”). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
3.4. If we are unable to supply you with any Goods, for example because such Goods are not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Goods, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
4. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
We amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the bottom of this page to see when these Terms were last updated. Every time you order Goods from us (whether on our site or by telephone), the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us. Any amendments we make to these Terms will not affect any order you have already submitted unless we are required to revise these Terms to reflect any changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements. If we do have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any Goods you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
5. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT
5.1. If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below in clause 5.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep the Goods, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
5.2. However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of Goods that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly or any Goods which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
5.3. Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out below:
(a) If your Contract is for a single item (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days), the end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Goods.
(b) If your Contract is for either one item (which is delivered in instalments on separate days) or multiple items (which are delivered on separate days), the end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the Goods or the last of the separate Goods ordered.
5.4. To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel, as set out in clause 1.2 above.
5.5. If you cancel your Contract we will:
(a) refund the price you paid for the Goods. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop (such as by opening any sealed food containers). If we refund the price paid before we are able to inspect the Goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
(b) refund any delivery costs you have paid.
(c) make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the following deadlines:
(i) if you have received the Goods: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Goods back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Goods back to us; or
(ii) if you have not received the Goods: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
5.6. If you have returned the Goods to us under this clause 5 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Goods in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
5.7. We will make any refund to the credit card or debit card or PayPal account used by you to pay.
5.8. If Goods have been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
(a) Then, unless we otherwise notify you, you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. You should send it back to us at Petangels Ltd, Pack It, Parc Ferryman, Newbridge Road Industrial, Est Pontllanfraith, Blackwood, NP12 2XF
(b) Unless the Goods are faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 5.6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Goods to us.
5.9. Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Goods that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Goods that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 5 or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
6.1. Our Dispatch Confirmation will include an estimated timescale for delivery. After we have issued a Dispatch Confirmation our third party carrier will contact you with an estimate delivery date, which will be within 15 days after the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order). Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event outside Our Control. See clause 9 for our responsibilities when this happens.
6.2. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we (or our carrier) will leave you a note that we (or our carrier) has attempted to make delivery of the Goods. You should follow the instructions of the note to re-arrange delivery.
6.3. Delivery of an Order shall be completed when we (or our carrier) deliver the Goods to the address you gave us and the Goods will be your responsibility from that time. You own the Goods once delivery has been completed or (if later) once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
6.4. If we miss the 15 day delivery deadline for any Goods then you may cancel your Order straight away if we have refused to deliver the Goods; or if delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or if you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
6.5. If you do not wish to cancel your order straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 6.4, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your Order if we do not meet the new deadline.
6.6. If you do choose to cancel your Order for late delivery under clause 6.4 or 6.5, you can do so for just some of the Goods or all of them, unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. If the Goods have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your Order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Goods and their delivery.
7. PRICE OF GOODS, DELIVERY CHARGES AND PAYMENT
7.1. The prices of the Goods will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit your order. We use our best efforts to ensure that the prices of Goods are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system.
7.2. Prices for our Goods may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
7.3. The price of the Goods includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Goods in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
7.4. The price of the Goods does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the online check-out process or by our customer service team if you submit an order by telephone, before you confirm your order.
7.5. You can only pay for Goods using a debit card or credit card (we accept the following cards: Visa, Mastercard) or by PayPal. Payment for the Goods and all applicable delivery charges is to be made in advance and we will charge your debit card, credit card or PayPal account at the time you submit your order. In the event that we are unable to process or accept your order we will refund any amounts you have paid in advance in full.
8. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
8.1. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
8.2. We only supply the Goods for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Goods for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of business opportunity or any other business losses.
8.3. We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) any breach of the terms implied by section 12 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession, description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
(d) defective Goods under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
9. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
9.1. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event outside Our Control. An “Event Outside Our Control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications or transport networks.
9.2. If an Event outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
(a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
(b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Goods to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
9.3. You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Goods you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
10. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
10.1. We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you if this happens. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
10.2. This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
10.3. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
10.4. If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
10.5. These Terms, any Contract for the purchase of Goods through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by Irish law. You and we both agree to that the courts of Ireland will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of England, Wales, Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
Subscribe & Save Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the terms and conditions ("Terms") for our Subscribe & Save subscription ordering program (“Subscribe & Save”). These Terms are between you and Petangels Ltd Trading as Soopa, and govern your and our respective rights and obligations. The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Petangels Ltd relating to Subscribe & Save. Please note that your use of the Soopa website is also governed by our Terms and Conditions and privacy notice, as well as all other applicable terms, conditions, limitations and requirements on the Soopa website, all of which (as changed over time) are incorporated into these Terms. By placing an order through Subscribe & Save, you accept these terms, conditions, limitations and requirements. Please read these Terms carefully.
Petangels Ltd reserves the right to change the Subscribe & Save benefits, including the discount amounts and eligibility used to determine discount amounts, at any time in its sole discretion. All changes will apply to future orders, including for current subscriptions.
Some of the offer details may change as you receive deliveries over time (for example, price, taxes, availability, shipping charges). If the item is unavailable when we plan to ship it, you authorize us to fulfill your order with a similar item that we believe will meet your expectations.
Your Subscribe & Save subscription will automatically create a new order according to your chosen delivery schedule, until you cancel.
We may, in our sole discretion, terminate your subscriptions at any time without notice. If we do so, you will only be charged for orders that have been shipped to you.
Subscribe & Save benefits are limited to items displaying the Subscribe & Save offer message and is only available to customers shipping to addresses in the EU. Your participation in the Subscribe & Save program is personal to you, and you may not assign or transfer your Subscription or any of the benefits to any third party without our authorization.
Subscribe & Save discounts and any Subscribe & Save limited time special subscription promotions in effect apply only to eligible items displaying the offer message on the Subscribe & Save item information pages, and then only if you select the Subscribe & Save delivery method. Subscriptions are good while supplies last. Special limited time subscription promotions only apply during their effective dates.
All returns under Subscribe & Save are subject to the Petangels Ltd returns policy. Subscribe & Save subscriptions are void where prohibited.
The total cost charged to your payment method for each Subscribe & Save order will be the cost of the item on the day that order is processed less the Subscribe & Save discount, plus any applicable sales tax.
The charge for each Subscribe & Save item shipment will be billed to the payment method used to create your subscription or as otherwise directed by you. If we are unable to complete your Subscribe & Save order with the payment method you used to create your subscription, you authorise us to update your subscription with another payment method in your account and to charge the payment method for your Subscribe & Save order.
Your subscription will remain in effect until it is cancelled. You can cancel at any time via Your Subscribe & Save Items page, which can be found in Your Account. If you cancel your subscription and then reactivate it, the discount applied to any Subscribe & Save item may not be the same discount in effect at the time of cancellation. If the Subscribe & Save discount percentage for such Subscribe & Save item changes, the new discount will be applied to your future shipments of that item.
We may, in our sole discretion, change these Terms, (including all applicable terms, conditions, limitations and requirements on the Soopa website), without notice to you. If any change to these terms is found invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that change is severable and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining changes or conditions. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION AFTER WE CHANGE THESE TERMS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES, YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS.
Free Sample with £1 delivery
This is a promotional off limited to one sample per customer. If there is a breach of these terms of sale the customer will be refunded the amount of £1 and the sample will not be sent out.
- • what information we collect;
- • how we use that information;
- • how this information is shared;
- • your rights; and
- • other useful privacy and security related matters.
We hope you take the time to read this policy. It is important to check back often for updates to this policy. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice on the relevant Service and/or contact you using other methods such as email.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Soopa data controller is Pet Angels LTD T/A Soopa of 17, The Cubes Offices, Beacon South Quarter, Sandyford, Dublin, D18 E932
And, what about the Data Protection Officer, or is it DPO?
Yes, Soopa have appointed a Data Protection Officer ('DPO'). While our DPO can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, our Customer Service team will be your initial point of contact if you wish to exercise your rights. Please see the 'Your Rights' section below.
Information we collect
When you use our Services, we collect the following types of information:
Information you provide us:
We collect information about you during the account registration process for any of our Services. This information may include, but is not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, credit/debit card details and any other details as might be requested from you for the purpose of registration and/or continued use of our products or Services.
We may also collect information from you if you request information or customer support.
Additional Information collected:
We may also collect the following information:
- 1. name, contact information and message if you contact us or participate in a survey, contest or promotion;
- 2. details such as traffic information, location data and other communication data (including IP address and browser type) collected by your availing of the Services;
- 3. device information including unique device identified;
- 5. information and communications on forums on our websites, including chat rooms and message boards, blog comments, profile comments, and chat messaging with customer service operators or other users;
- 6. Your payments, payment method and other account transactions - these are routinely analysed to assist us in improving the Services we provide to you;
- 7. your telephone or Live Chat conversations – either to place an order or a customer service call;
- 8. your response to marketing campaigns from us or through our third parties i.e. open/click on such emails;
- 9. your social media profile details (name, profile photo and other information you make available to us) when you connect with or contact us through a social media account;
- 10. information derived based on profiling activity (see below); and
- 11. information from third party databases to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- 12. Your dog(s)’ name, birthdate, size, breed and other defining characteristics such as activity level, preferences, weight and dietary requirements or allergies.
Third Party and Publicly Available Sources
Not all the personal information we hold about you will always come directly from you. We may also collect information from third parties such as our partners, service providers and publicly available websites (i.e. social media platforms), to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, offer Services we think may be of interest, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Services.
If you log into one of our products through Facebook, Facebook provides us with some of your Facebook user details. We may use these details for the purposes of our registration process and to market our products and Services to you on Facebook.
How do we use this information
We process personal information for these Services- and business-related purposes:
- • Account setup, verification and management: We use personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, and information about your device to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training, verify your identity, process payment information and send important account and Service information.
As a condition to using our Services, we may ask you to share your precise geolocation so we can ensure that we are authorised to provide the Services to you in your location. The above processing is required in order for us to provide the Services to you pursuant to our terms and conditions.
To verify your age and accuracy of your registration details, including disclosure of such information to third parties e.g. financial institutions and third party reference agencies. This is required for the purpose of our complying with our legal obligations
We may also use personal information to enforce our terms and conditions.
- • Personalisation: We use personal information to deliver and suggest tailored content to personalise your experience with our Services. This is processing which is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in delivering or presenting relevant content to our customers.
- • Marketing and events: Subject to any preferences you have expressed (where applicable), we use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, online, push notification or otherwise. We will do this during the period of your relationship with us and, unless specifically instructed otherwise by you, for a reasonable period of time after the relationship has ended in order to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you.
- If we send you a marketing email or SMS, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these marketing communications in the future. You can also manage your information through your customer login area when you login to your account. Please allow up to 48 hours for any changes you make to your marketing preferences to be fully processed. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
- Most browsers and applications also allow you to control notifications settings. For example, when you first download our application on IOS, you will be asked to allow or block notifications from our application. Please refer to your browser/app settings for full details.
- We will, from time to time, send you marketing material which may of particular interest to you based upon your behaviours i.e. your purchase and subscription activity, trends and interests. These marketing messages will provide you with information about the products, services, active promotions or offers available to you by Soopa and information about products and services provided by our selected partners and third parties.
- Except where we use your personal data for marketing purposes on the basis of your prior written consent and subject to any opt out preferences you notify to us in respect of electronic direct marketing communications, we process personal data for marketing purposes as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our products and services.
- We may publish customer names and images, along with any prizes received through our promotions, on our websites in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- • Risk Management: In order to provide the Services to you and for our legitimate purposes, we process personal data to evaluate and manage risks to our business.
- • Show and measure ads and Services: We use a combination of information collected such as advertising cookies, your email address and your onsite activity to show you targeted and relevant advertisement on a selection of whitelisted websites across the world wide web and social media websites. This information can also be used to measure and analyse the effectiveness and reach of these ads, to help us improve and refine our marketing strategy in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- • Surveys and polls: If you choose to participate in a survey or poll, any personal information you provide may be used for marketing or market research purposes in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- • Diagnostics, research and development: We use personal information for internal research and development purposes, to help diagnose system problems, to administer our websites, to improve and test the features and functions of our Services, to develop new content, products and services. To carry out testing and analysis. This processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
- • Legal and regulatory obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; and (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- • Profiling: In accordance with our legitimate interests detailed below or to comply with our legal obligations, we carry out profiling and analysis based upon your location data, age, interests and behaviours for the following purposes:
- 1. Customer segmentation to offer you tailored products and services, and more relevant marketing. For example, if you indicate your dog is a certain breed or size, we will aim to primarily send you marketing material related to your interest to the products your dog may like;
- 2. Risk and trading analysis; and
- 3. Licensing and legal obligations i.e. Age Verification, prevention of fraud or commission of a crime.
- • Other purposes: We may be required to use and retain personal information for; loss prevention; and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons in accordance with our legitimate interests.
How is the information shared
Your personal information may be transferred or disclosed, subject to appropriate agreement, to third parties, for the processing of that personal information based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentially and security measures.
Our third-party service providers & partners:
Soopa may, from time to time, retain trusted third parties to process your information to provide us with services globally, including for customer support, information technology, payments, sales, marketing, data analysis, research and surveys. As part our agreements with our partners, we may be required to share your information for the purposes of calculating fees and benefits owed.
Third parties for legal reasons:
We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
- • To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
- • In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- • To protect our rights, users, systems, and Services.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you, as a data subject have a number of rights which are detailed below. Some of these only apply in specific circumstances and are qualified in several respects by exemptions in data protection legislation. We will advise you in our response to your request if we are relying on any such exemptions.
- • Access to personal data: You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to make such a request, please see the Contact Us
- • section for information on how to contact us.
- You should include adequate information to identify yourself and such other relevant information that will reasonably assist us in fulfilling your request. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible.
- • Correction of personal data: You can request us to rectify and correct any personal data that we are processing about you which is incorrect. We provide you with account settings and tools to access the information associated with your account.
- • Right to withdraw consent: Where we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
- To opt out of marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the marketing communication you receive from us. For other marketing preferences, you can visit the customer login area when you log into your account or the "Contact Us" option within the relevant Service.
- • Right of erasure: You can request us to erase your personal data where there is no compelling reason to continue processing. This right only applies in certain circumstances, it is not a guaranteed or absolute right.
- • Right to data portability: This right allows you to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us with your consent or which was necessary for us to provide you with our products and services in a format which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation. You may have the right to have your personal data transferred by us directly to the other organisation, if this is technically feasible.
- • Right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we suspend our processing of your personal data. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data we will still be permitted to store your personal data, but any other processing of this information will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions.
- • Right to object to processing of personal data: You have the right to object to our use of your personal data which is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests. However, we may continue to process your personal data, despite your objection, where there are compelling legitimate grounds to do so or we need to process your personal data in connection with any legal claims.
- • Rights relating to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing (without human involvement) where that decision produces a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right means you can request that we involve one of our employees or representatives in the decision-making process. We are satisfied that we do not make automated decisions of this nature.
How to contact us
For any requests related to your personal information or any of your rights referenced above, please feel free to contact us in one of the following ways:
P: 00353 (86) 127 3300
Post: Customer Services, Soopa Pets, 17 The Cubes Offices, Beacon South Quarter, Sandyford, Dublin, D18 E932
Filing a complaint
If you are not satisfied with how we manage your personal data, you have a right to make a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority.
Other useful privacy & data security related matters
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. For the unregulated jurisdictions in which operate, and subject to us not having a legal or regulatory requirement or a risk management reason for retaining your information for a longer period, your information will not be kept for longer than 7 years post account closure.
Please note that we may be required in certain circumstances to retain your information indefinitely. We will take all necessary steps to ensure that the privacy of information is maintained for the period of retention.
We recognise that online security and data protection is an area of vital importance for all our customers, so it is important to us that you have confidence in the security of your personal details before you register an account. We are committed to employing security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and to prevent accidental or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration and damage. Our technological security solutions are governed by a mature framework. Our approach is focused on preventing risks. In order to help us in this regard, we will endeavour to employ pseudonymization and encryption whenever possible to reduce the impact of any potential incidents. As the security of some communications via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose using your internet connection. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and Soopa will accept no liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive losses or damages arising out of such an occurrence.