Breakfast Cookies (you can share with your dog!)
Butternut squash is a delicious vegetable to use in your doggie food recipes and a fantastic ingredient with a multitude of health benefits for both humans and dogs. These wholesome cookies can be fed to your dog as a quick breakfast snack or equally delicious anytime of the day. This recipe is simple to make, yummy and the good news... you can share with your dog!
125g butternut squash
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 dessert spoon honey
35g melted coconut oil
1 dessert spoon milled flaxseed
½ teaspoon cinnamon
20g dried cranberries
Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- First cut the squash in half lengthways then brush the surface with coconut oil and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until quash flesh is soft and tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Turn down oven to 175C
- Combine in large bowl the oats, vanilla, honey, melted coconut oil, flaxseeds, cinnamon, cranberries, and salt.
- Remove skin from squash, mash and then add to other ingredients combining well with your hands.
- Roll mix into 1-inch thick balls and flatten between your hands into small cookie shapes.
- Place onto baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
Enjoy guys and remember treats should not make up more than 10% of your dog’s diet 😋