Whilst pumpkin is a right of passage to Halloween we love its benefits. Although most people think of pumpkins as vegetables, they are really a fruit born from vine plants of the genus Cucurbita, part of the gourd family. Just a little fact for the day…
Pumpkins are rich in carotenoids, beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, fiber, zinc, iron, vitamin A and potassium. So this little beauty is responsible for aiding eye sight, digestion, immunity and more. An ideal chew treat for sensitive dogs with poor digestion, and fabulous for those who require a low protein diet so if you want to join in the pumpkin mania order your treats today.
10 key benefits of providing pumpkin to your pet are:
1. Pumpkin is a rich source of vitamin A.
2. Pumpkin is one of the best-known sources of the antioxidant beta-carotene.
3. The potassium contained within pumpkins can have a positive effect on blood pressure.
4. The antioxidants and vitamins contained within pumpkins could prevent degenerative damage to the eyes.
5. Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like pumpkin decreases the risk of obesity and overall mortality, diabetes, and heart disease.
6. Pumpkin promotes healthy skin and coat, increased energy, overall lower weight.
7. Plant foods like pumpkins that are high in both vitamin C and beta-carotene offer an immunity boost from their powerful combination of nutrients
8. Natural cure for constipation
9. Natural remedy settling a sick stomach
10. Highly Palatable and with a natural taste dogs LOVE
For easy homemade pumpkin recipes please click here!