Papaya is a superfood that is rich in beneficial vitamins and minerals. It can prevent heart problems, strengthen the immune system, AND can help with gastro-intestinal issues due to its high fibre content.
Main Benefits of including Papaya in your dogs’ diet:
1. Rich in fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants – Papaya reduces cholesterol and promotes heart health
2. Naturally sweet yet low in calories and fat – Papaya is excellent for weight loss
3. Rich in Vitamin C which is promotes a healthy immune system
4. Papayas are low in sugar and low GI making them suitable for diabetics.They can also help prevent the development of diabetes and diabetes related heart disease.
5. Rich in Vitamin A and flavonoids like beta-carotene, Papaya is great for eye health
6. Papayas high fibre content along with high concentrations of the digestive enzyme papain helps improve digestive health
7. Papaya is also great for sensitive tummies and other digestive complaints such as flatulence and bloating
8. Rich in Vitamin A, E, C and antioxidants promotes healthy skin and coat
9. Antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoids help reduce the risk of cancer
10. Studies have shown that Papaya acts as a natural anti-wormer.