Quite often a dog can experience discomfort, bloating, flatulence, acid reflux and the like due to a lack of stomach acids and pancreatic enzymes. Papaya the king of digestion contains ‘papain’ a digestive enzyme known for aiding digestion of proteins. It’s worth looking at the food you are feeding but papaya definitely helps break down obnoxious gases and funny smells. It also helps to soothe the stomach if upset and a nice hypoallergenic treat for those sensitive dogs. Chewy, juicy and bursting with Vitamin C, with a tropical taste dog’s love….how can one resist?
Other benefits of including Papaya in your dogs’ diet
1. Rich in fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants – Papaya reduces cholesterol and promotes heart health
2. Naturally sweet yet low in calories and fat – Papaya is excellent for weight loss
3. Rich in Vitamin C which is promotes a healthy immune system
4. Papayas are low in sugar and low GI making them suitable for diabetics.They can also help prevent the development of diabetes and diabetes related heart disease.
5. Rich in Vitamin A and flavonoids like beta-carotene, Papaya is great for eye health
6. Papayas high fibre content along with high concentrations of the digestive enzyme papain helps improve digestive health
7. Papaya is also great for sensitive tummies and other digestive complaints such as flatulence and bloating
8. Rich in Vitamin A, E, C and antioxidants promotes healthy skin and coat
9. Antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoids help reduce the risk of cancer
10. Studies have shown that Papaya acts as a natural anti-wormer.
For more information on Soopa papaya chews click here!